Lori's Favourite Maple Braised Apples and Pork Recipe
After spending an afternoon in the crisp winter air, nothing beats the delicious aroma of braised pork and apples, simmering in maple syrup.
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless pork loin or tenderloin, cut in 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground sage
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) EACH Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 cooking onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Ontario McIntosh apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Ontario maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken or vegetable stock
* This article opens in a new window directing you to Manulife's Solutions for Financial Planning Magazine.
© 2020 Manulife. The persons and situations depicted are fictional and their resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental. This media is for information purposes only and is not intended to provide specific financial, tax, legal, accounting or other advice and should not be relied upon in that regard. Many of the issues discussed will vary by province. Individuals should seek the advice of professionals to ensure that any action taken with respect to this information is appropriate to their specific situation. E & O E. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Any amount that is allocated to a segregated fund is invested at the risk of the contract holder and may increase or decrease in value.